Saturday, December 16, 2006

Yay!

I AM DONE WITH EXAMS!!! so happy! haha...but feeling kinda sad now that everyone is packing up to go home, and i'm not going home..it's so bad..i thought four months away from home is not that long, but now i want to go home!! but it's ok, i'll enjoy myself as much as I can here!

So, one semester went by just like that..i rmb how i was frantically sending university and scholarship applications out this time last year, and I'm really glad that I'm here right now.. :)
Just because it's the end of the year, (and you know you HAVE to do this at the end of the year), i'll try to list one major event that happened in each month of bug's life 2006.

Jan: started relief teaching--first experience of standing instead of sitting down during class, and of course, first time i made money!
Feb: the only thing i can remember is valentine's day "celebration" with the relief tutors..dress code: pink and black..
March: got our A level results back after an excruciating wait :P happy with my results. :) got an offer from duke. :):)
April: got scholarship offers and decided to devote 10 years of my life to PUB
May: end of my stint as a relief tutor in HC--i wonder how many of my student would rmb me (and how many of them will i rmb?)
June: HCCO concert! though i was the assistant stage manager and not a performer. did I feel nostalgic? Maybe a little, but hey, I've had my share of fun and everyone has to move on sometime.
July:Can't think of any special event, just a mad rush to get all my documents done for going overseas, and meeting up with all my friends! :)
August: Off to Duke! Thanks gals for sending me off!
Sep: The first time i experienced homesickness and learnt a lot more about myself.
Oct: Fall break--went camping and did stuff I never thought I would/could have done :)
Nov: first Duke basketball game!
Dec: it's not here yet, but i think it'll be the trip to NYC!

Well, overall i'll say this year had been kind of a turning point in my life, as i moved from one stage to another..i'm not sure which of these events will actually leave a significant impact on my life years down the road, but what I do know that the past year, especially the last few months, have taught me a few things that will stay with me for a long time.

So, how about you three other beauties? Make a list too!

boonshan at 3:57 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment