Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Thanks everyone!

I'm currently sitting in my room (at duke) munching an apple as I type this. Yup, I've arrived safely, albeit totally exhausted, two days ago! A big thanks to everyone who sent their well wishes, especially those who went down to the airport to see me off..I was so touched, almost had second thoughts about leaving..haha..and sorry puddle, I made you lose 50 cents.. :)

Well, I'm adjusting to life here in durham, though I do think about everything in Singapore once in a while. Also, I have yet to make many new friends (guess I'm anti-social, or just not that out-going), but I'll continue to stay positive and try hard! The food here sorely lacks variety, unless you walk to some restaurants nearby which sell indian/ mongolian/ chinese cuisine..I was so desperate I went to buy sushi from the supermarket for my dinner last night! Things are generally more expensive here, and I can't help but multiply the price of everything by 1.6 (good workout for the brain..)..I was dying for fibre (lest I get constipation) so I bought apples. They go by pounds for weight, and after weighing, it turned out that I had to pay about US$6 for 4 apples!! *horrors*

Anyway, I havent been up to much for the past two days, basically I've just been unpacking and bumming around and playing pool and eating.. :) Will update soon! Take care guys, I miss all of you! (btw, I've decided not to have a personal blog anymore coz I doubt it will last long, so for those who want to know what I've been up to, visit this blog!!)



Miss Ong and us at changi airport! (thanks miss ong, for dropping by)


next stop: frankfurt airport (the sign shows the flight i'm taking, and you know it's in Frankfurt because of the German word..haha)

then to New York JFK airport (this is their control tower)


finally arriving at duke! (ok, I skipped the RDU airport, coz I have no photo of it..) this is the really beautiful duke chapel! :)


boonshan at 11:09 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment