Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Since bug has kindly shared her thoughts on teaching (or rather, first day being a tutor), I shall also chip in. Though of course we can't name the school or classes, for the internet is a free world and you never know who will be reading this.Teaching turned out to be much much harder than I expected. I have new-gained respect for the tutors now that I've realised how hard it is to try to sustain their interest when your class is either talking amongst themselves or staring blankly at you. Teaching is basically monologue, and goodness I've never been an eloquent person so it's really difficult to talk for one hour. And I didn't and released the classes early... -shamefaced- I really hope the future lessons go better when I actually have content to teach.
How are the three other beauties doing? I see bug everyday so I can tell how she is, but what about the two of you! What have you guys been up to? I miss you (:
I'm going to stop here and end this very short post as I am VERY tired after teaching and interview. Teaching is messing up my circadian cycle! It's impossible for the body to get used to being active at 6am when for the past month it has been stalling till 10 am. Bah.
ray at 7:40 PM